Re: Large number of gas warnings compiling linux kernel....

"H . J . Lu" wrote:

> I thought the kernel source did that on purpose to prevent the compiler
> set the "wrong" attributes on the .modinfo section. But the new
> assembler complains about it.

Yes, that is right.  It doesn't cause me any great concern, as everything here
is fine.  I think it should be pointed out that this depends on gas ignoring any
subsequent declarations with different sections flags.  What happens if you
build on a system using a vendor supplied assembler whose behaviour differs.  It
may not be likely, I don't have a whole lot of experience with other assemblers.

I also wonder if there was a way to define a section so the compiler knows the
flags to set.  I suspect not, otherwise it would be in use.

Scott

--
Scott Bambrough - Software Engineer
REBEL.COM    http://www.rebel.com