Re: gas .macro quirks, and an ARM bug

Nick Clifton wrote:
> : 3) Cannot pass a string argument ending in "=".  The "=" cannot be
> : escaped with "\=" either.
>
> This is just a typo in your example.  The macro's name is 'hello' not
> 'answer'  so the assembler is correct in saying that there is no such
> instruction called 'answer'.

That's indeed a typo.  Added at the last minute (notice I mentioned
3 items but documented 4 - another typo).

I was having problem with "xxx =" having the quotes removed by
a macro, and being passed to another macro, resulting in the "="
being interpreted as a default value.  It looks like I later quoted
the arg passed to the nested macro as well, which solved the problem.

Sorry for the false alarm.

--
Andrew E. Mileski - Software Engineer
Rebel.com  http://www.rebel.com/