Re: GNU licence for GCC and binutils

   Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 20:06:59 +0100
   From: n3d <n3d@anarchists.co.uk>

   I hope this is the correct place to post this..

You should probably contact gnu@gnu.org.

   I have read some of the GNU licence and I believe that if a company or
   an individual uses the GCC compiler or binutils and then supply's the
   binaries to anyone they also have to supply the source code.

Correct.

   SN Systems (www.snsys.com) have set up the GCC compiler and binutils for
   the MIPS r5900 Playstation 2 system. (click PS2 then you can see the
   downloads)

Can you provide the actual web site?  I was unable to find the
programs you mention in a quick search.

   They have made the source to there modified GCC available on there site
   but have not made available the source to the binutils, I have emailed
   them (Alex Rice, alex@snsys.com and support@snsys.com) they first said
   that they did not have to but now they have just stopped replying to
   emails.

Are you certain that they are using the GNU binutils?  Are you certain
that the sources they supply do not include the binutils sources?

Ian