Re: libiberty patch - configure/makefile for cygwin

  In message <200005310235.WAA14140@envy.delorie.com>you write:

  > This patch is designed to fix two bugs in cygwin builds: the first
  > that libiberty include strsignal when building *with* cygwin (cygwin's
  > runtime already includes a strsignal()), and the second to use headers
  > in the local source area if possible (newlib's string.h has a fix
  > needed by strsignal.c, and building cygwin always uses both libiberty
  > and newlib).  I'm sending to multiple lists because it needs approval
  > from gcc (the master cvs), but I need to commit the patch to the
  > newlib/binutils repository to fix the cygwin builds.
  >
  > 2000-05-30  DJ Delorie  <dj@cygnus.com>
  >
  > 	* Makefile.in: add EXTRA_INCS to support referencing local
  > 	newlib headers
  > 	* configure.in: Target builds with --with-newlib should use
  > 	the local newlib headers, not the installed ones.  Cygwin
  > 	exceptions are only for target builds, not host builds
  > 	* configure: regenerate
Shouldn't the EXTRA_INCs stuff already be handled by the definition of
CC_FOR_TARGET in the toplevel Makefile for target builds?  Or am I missing
something?

The bits for removing strsignal, are probably OK to go ahead and check
in.

jeff