Re: New ABI demangler support in binutils

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 12:15:55PM -0700, Nick Clifton wrote:
>Hi H.J.
>
>: Should I sync the whole libiberty or just the demangler? I prefer
>: the whole libiberty since there are quite a few files for demangler
>: in libiberty and I don't know if they will work right without other
>: changes.
>
>How much work is involved and how likely is it that this will break
>things ?
>
>Ideally I would like to see the two versions of the library's sources
>being identical, but I am worried that this mightbreak too many
>things.  Also I am not sure if the gcc libiberty should be considered
>the master copy and the binutils one just a shadow of it. or if there
>are important features in both which need to be merged together.
>
>If you have the time and the desire then I would suggest that you do
>try to merge the whole of the two libiberties.  But please be careful!

It probably goes without saying, but I'll ask it anyway -- when you copy
libiberty you also will have to move include files from the top level
include directory.  Should the include directory be moved over
completely as well or should only specific files be copied.

cgf