Re: New ABI demangler support in binutils

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 02:05:31PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 11:09:47AM -0700, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Hi H.J.
>>
>> : > The demangler support for the new API is available in the libiberty that
>> : > comes with GCC, but does not seem to be available in binutils. How does
>> : > one go about getting demangler support for the new ABI in binutils? How
>> : > is libiberty kept in sync between GCC, gdb, and binutils?
>> : >
>> :
>> : Someone has to sync it.
>>
>> Correct, althpough there are (tentative) plans to merge the gcc abnd
>> binutils repositories at some point in the future.
>>
>> : Nick, should I give it a try?
>>
>> Please do.
>
>Done. Verified on Linux/ia32. There are no regressions. Let me know if
>there are any problems related to it.

I should have mentioned before that the last time someone synced the
two, it broke various things in Cygwin.  I think that DJ has been trying
to get a patch approved in gcc-land to fix this.  It is approved, I
believe, but it doesn't seem to have been checked in.

DJ, is this correct?  Is libiberty broken again for cygwin?

cgf