Re: Test case which displays problem found in libstdc++-v3 effort

On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 12:40:21AM +1000, Alan Modra wrote:
> I'm learning some things about linker garbage collection. :)  The first
> thing to note is that garbage collection is done on linker input sections,
> not on output sections.  What this means is that there must be a reference
> to symbols defined in *each* input section (or a KEEP statement in the
> linker script) to ensure that the section is output.

Yep.  Note that there is a new section group extension being
considered in the ELF committee meetings.  What that means is
that a set of input sections must be kept or scraped together.

I believe this was originally intended for debugging info, but
it would be equally relevant here -- keep the .eh_frame iff we
keep the .text that went with it.

r~