Re: [RFA] Improve output `nm --help'

Hi Ken,

: This patch is going to cause merge conflicts with my patch
: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-07/msg00056.html which has
: yet to be checked in. Do I need to submit the patch again with the
: merge conflicts resolved?

Well in the normal course of things yes, but in this particular case I
have taken the liberty of resolving the conflicts for you and checking
your patch in.

: All in all, I've found the process of contributing patches to the
: official binutils horribly painful. Do you have any suggestions that
: would ease the process? Should I get write access to the repository so
: people would not need to apply my patches for me?

I doubt if that would help.  The problem is not with applying patches
but with getting them approved so that they can be applied.

This is basically my fault, since I am ultimately responsible for
ensuring that patches submitted to binutils do get reviewed.  I try to
keep up to date (or at least no more than a few days behind the
submissions), but sometimes things slip through.  If you do submit a
patch and it does not get reviewed within a reasonable amount of time
(say a week), then feel free to send me an email asking about what has
happened.

: 2000-07-05  Kenneth Block  <krblock@computer.org>
:
:         * binutils/nm.c: Add optional style to demangle switch
:         * binutils/objdump.c: Add optional style to demangle switch
:         * binutils/addr2line.c: Add optional style to demangle switch
:         * binutils/binutils.texi: Add optional style to demangle switch
:         * ld/lexsup.c: Add optional style to demangle switch
:         * ld/ld.texinfo: Add optional style to demangle switch
:         * gprof/gprof.c: Add optional style to demangle switch
:         * gprof/gprof.texi: Add optional style to demangle switch

Approved and applied.

Cheers
	Nick