Re: Merge armelf.em, armelf_oabi.em and hppaelf.em with elf32.em?

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:

> I have added the new dtags support to elf32.em. But I don't know
> enough to modify armelf.em, armelf_oabi.em and hppaelf.em. Also
> I'd like to merge them with elf32.em. I can help on elf32.em. But
> I need someone to tell me what the differences between armelf.em,
> armelf_oabi.em, hppaelf.em and elf32.em.

I've been working on hppaelf.em, (not checked into sourceware yet) and
it's basically turned into elf32.em + some extra routines.  Actually, I'd
like to play with the script generation stuff a little as we could easily
use
   elf32.em
 - elf32.em struct ld_emulation_xfer_struct
 + hppaelf.em extra routines
 + hppaelf.em struct ld_emulation_xfer_struct.

If we do this, then changes like the ones you're doing for dtags would
automatically be included for all the variations on the common elf32.em
theme.

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.