Re: Are there any plans for BINUTILS port to IA-64 platform?

>In the latest version of binutils (version 2.10 from June-19), there are
>some definitions for IA-64 architecture, however I didn't find an explicit
>statement that  Linux/IA-64 platform is supported.

There is no real support for IA-64 in binutils 2.10.

>Are there any plans for port of binutils to Linux/IA-64,  whether it is
>planned in the next version, and if yes, when tentatively it will be out?

The code is already in the binutils development tree and if you are impatient
you can get it from CVS or use a snapshot.  This means that yes, it will be in
the next release - but there isn't a lot of point in speculating when that
might be.

p.