Re: Patch: Only use strict COFF for djgpp

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:

> Since djgpp wants the strict COFF and other COFF targets are ok
> with the historical behavior, may I proprose this patch?

To me, this looks like a misinterpretation of Mark E.'s request for the
DJGPP port. We don't want or need strict COFF just for the fun of it.
Mark, perhaps prematurely, had concluded that it helped to cure some
problems that crept in with binutils-2.10, compared to earlier version.
It looks as if we're curing symptoms, once more, instead of the disease.