Re: libiberty/md5.c patch

> Would someone with write access to sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src
> please check it in?

I will take care of it as soon as it hits the top of my to-do list,
which is fairly long at the moment as I was unavailable last week.

> Well, I've been arguing for repo unification for a long time, and
> I'll argue more.

I've been working on this problem (I'm the libiberty maintainer at the
moment), based on some sort of automation (to get around the political
issues).  However, they're out of sync right now and syncing them up
the first time needs to be done manually.  The political and technical
issues involved in linking the repositories themselves are of a larger
scope than this list addresses, and are being discussed at a much
higher level.

> Don't think that I'm going to give on it, I'll bark and bark and
> bark and bark about it until you do it.

If you assume we're going to just ignore the existing issues because
you're being inconsiderate about the big picture, think again.  We all
want the shared stuff to be handled better, but at the moment it just
isn't going to happen.  If at some point in the future we (or you)
discover a way of making it happen the *right* way, we'll do it then.

Unproductive complaining has traditionally led to either
disappointment at best, or expulsion at worst.  Constructive criticism
given with respect is gladly appreciated.