List of my recently sent patches.

Below is a list of my recently-sent patches for reference.  Since a
few of them have been updated since original submission, I thought i'd
point to the updated messages here rather than making y'all burrow
through the discussion/update threads.

I'm of two minds about the ones that make MIPS32 support into a real
ISA, and add MIPS5 and MIPS64 support (#7 and #8 below).

In order to do that, they add a 'generic' CPU of that ISA, which is
used to encode the CPU type both in bfd #defines and in the ELF
machine field.  Ed Satterthwaite (my previously-mentioned coworker
who's been responsible for much of the work behind these changes 8-),
pointed out to me that a similar, perhaps more desirable effect, could
be had by simply encoding the ISA field, but leaving the machine field
unknown for 'generic MIPS NN ISA' assembler runs.  (He also pointed
out that given the disparity between the "standardized" MIPS ISA at
any given level and any implementation, that it might be best to do
that for _all_ ISA levels.  However, that might raise some
backward-compat issues.)

I think I'm now leaning towards doing it the way he suggested, rather
than introducing N fake machine types.

Comments would be appreciated, and I'm more than willing to spin the
patches based on the comments.  (If those patches don't go in, #9
shouldn't either, since it depends on #7.)

I think i'm going to refrain from posting additional patches until at
least some of these go in, or I get some comments indicating that they
need to be updated.  No point in making the queue deeper...

chris
1. gas: mips16 test nop-encoding bogon
          Submitted: October 7, 2000
          Last activity: October 7, 2000
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00041.html

2. gas: tc-mips.c bogus reloc for -membedded-pic
          Submitted: October 7, 2000
          Last activity: October 7, 2000
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00042.html

3. gas: empic test intra-segment symbol subtraction bogon
          Submitted: October 7, 2000
          Last activity: October 7, 2000
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00043.html

4. binutils: readelf -s and -S tests should be XFAIL for mips
          Submitted: October 9, 2000
          Last activity: October 9, 2000
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00065.html

5. gas: MIPS32 instruction assembly test
          Submitted: October 10, 2000
          Last activity: October 12, 2000 (updated patch)
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00143.html

6. binutils: MIPS32 instruction cleanup
          Submitted: October 10, 2000
          Last activity: October 10, 2000
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00097.html

7. binutils: MIPS32 is real ISA, CPU/ISA name/number cleanup
          Submitted: October 11, 2000
          Last activity: October 13, 2000 (updated patch)
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00156.html

8. binutils: Add option handling in support of MIPS5 and MIPS64 ISAs
          Submitted: October 13, 2000
          Last activity: October 13, 2000 (updated patch)
          Message(s):
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00166.html

9. binutils: MIPS opcode membership specifier P4 to I32 conversion
          Submitted: October 13, 2000
		http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00163.html