Re: x86_64 gas documentation

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> It might be a good idea to tell people how "the necessary BFD support" is
> enabled, and how it might be that the support is not available.
This section is copied from the sparc section.
Can you suggest the description? I am myself not quite sure how the different
configurations works (ie for example how to build non-BFD aware gas)
> > ! Points to the @code{symbol} in RIP relative way, this is shorter than
> > ! the default absolute addressing.
> Is it always shorter?
Yes, the default absolute addressing mode is now RIP relative and
absolutte addressing is done by one of redundant SIB forms.

Thanks!
Honza