Re: next release

On 27 Dec, I wrote:

>So, it's that time again when thoughts inevitably turn to a new version of
>GNU binutils.  I'd like to aim for a release at the start of March, with a
>freeze at the end of January.

I'm not aware of any outstanding problems that should delay the release now.
Unless anything turns up, I plan to make the branch in a week's time, on Jan
20 - this will also be the cut-off date for new features.

Does anybody know what the status is on Linux/MIPS?  I'd also be grateful if
someone could test the current code on Solaris and DJGPP.

p.