Re: objdump : Odd formating if disassembly with --enable-64-bit-bfd

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> So, if I put together a patch for proper line continutation will
> my patch (useful when doing --wide) go in as well?

Making the default bytes_per_line so large is not a very good idea.  Other
programs, eg. gdb, make use of the dis-assembler and typically in a mode
where symbol names take up much of a line.  If we take even more of the
line for instruction bytes then gdb disassembly will be more likely to
line-wrap, making it harder to read.

I guess the best solution would be a new command-line option, (or allowing
--wide to take a parameter like --wide=10) to set bytes_per_line.

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.