objcopy ieee debuging symtab entries

Ok, the latest saga from my MRI to xgcc conversion project.  I have managed
to get an ieee executable with the proper debugging information (for the
source files), but now the symbol table has gotten slightly messed up.  A
little example:  basically the symbol "main" now has three entries in the
global symbol table (actually there are three symbol tables that appear
defined...),  it is noted as a procedure, a static, and as a module.  Hence
if I type the command "display memory main mnemonic" to my debugger, instead
of displaying the source code of main, it complains that the symbol main is
ambiguous (and there of course isn't a way to tell it which one I mean...).
I can go and enter the hex address of main ("display memory 8007A4h
mnemonic"), and boom--it displays main just fine.  Note that main is defined
with the same address in all three spots in the symbol table.

Ok, so what is going on, and how do I figure out how to fix the problem?

Problem #2--
I was looking at the ieee executable created from objcopy, and I noticed
that it tagged the processor as a 68020, when it should actually have tagged
it as a CPU32.  Possible bug?  Regardless, how do I fix this?

Thanks,
- Steve

--
Steve deRosier