Re: The ia64 linker problems.

I noticed that you are adding your patches to binutils development sources,
but not to the binutils 2.11 sources.  Is this intentional?

>	mov.sptk b0 = r2, shlib_overriddencall2#

The address is just a hint for the branch predictor.  It is OK for the address
to be wrong.  The program will still work correctly, it will just work a little
slower if the hint is wrong.

Currently, though, gcc doesn't make use of these hints as we have no easy
way to specify them.  If we did use them, I doubt that we would be using
global symbol addresses for the hints, unless something very unusual was
going on.

>	* * config/tc-ia64.h (TC_RELOC_RTSYM_LOC_FIXUP): Do fixup if
>	there is no relocation.

This looks OK to me.

Jim