Re: Old PLT in elf64-alpha via ld --traditional-format?

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:

: > NetBSD uses the old-style three-word PLT entries in its shared objects and
: > dynamically linked programs, resulting in a hack to elf64-alpha.c for
: > NetBSD/alpha.  We will be moving to the new PLT format in later NetBSD
: > releases, but in order to keep compatibility in the toolchain (and make
: > newer binutils still work on older released NetBSD systems), I wanted to
: > come up with a dynamic way to produce the old style PLT at link time.
:
: I assume you have no thread libraries whatsoever then?

Not yet.  But please reread the "make newer binutils still work....".

NetBSD has released several versions for alpha that don't cope with the
newer PLT format.  (It still doesn't, but I'll be fixing that shortly.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/