Re: about .interp

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, YU Tang wrote:

> Hi, I get some problem when I try to understand how
> binutils works,

So do I sometimes :)

>and here they are:
> 1. what's the files under "binutils-2.9/ld/ldscripts for?
>    it seems they are scripts for ld,but where and when "ld"
>    uses them?

They are scripts for ld.  You most likely are using a version of ld that
has these scripts built in, so the on-disk copies aren't used.  If you
want ld to use a modified script, use -T.

> 2. when i try to understand dynamic linking,i found library such
>    as ld.so.1,ld-linux.so.X? I want to know how they work exactly,
>    so where I can find source code for these libraries?

The dynamic linker is part of glibc.

> 3. Cound someone give me the architeture of BFD? I got the idea that

bfd/doc/bfd.texinfo has some information (installed to
${prefix}/info/bfd.info*)

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.