Re: binutils-2.11 ld testsuite problems + PATCH

Hi Matthew,

>                 === ld Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            10
> # of unexpected failures        7
> # of untested testcases         9
>
> At this point, I'm so new that I can't debug these FAILs without
> some pointers.  What should I do, and where should I start?

A more detailed description of the testsuite run can be found in
<build_dir>/ld/ld.log and the failing binaries will probably be
locates in <build_dir>/ld/tmpdir.  The sources for the tests are in
<source_dir>/ld/testsuite/*

Basically, you need to look through ld.log to find out what went
wrong.  The look at the test source files and the expect script
(*.exp) in the relevent test source subdirectory.  It may be that the
tests are expected to fail for your particular target, or there may be
real bugs.

Cheers
        Nick