Re: ld segfault on incrementally linked object

Alan,

Attached is a tarball with the requested object files and a makefile.
The makefile assumes that powerpc-eabi-ld is in the path.  The two
object files come from Michael J. Haertel's malloc library
implementation.

Here are the configure options which I used in building binutils:

./configure --prefix=$(HOME) --target=powerpc-eabi

Ryan

amodra@one.net.au wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 10:16:00PM -0500, Ryan Bedwell (ra9407) wrote:
> > I'm seeing a bit of strange behavior: I'm getting ld segfaults, and I've
> > narrowed it down to unresolved symbols in an object file which was
> > created by incrementally linking several other object files.  However,
> > if I specify the source object files rather than the incrementally
> > linked file, it correctly reports the unresolved symbols and exits.
>
> I'll take a look if you send me
>  a) The configure options you used when building binutils,
>  b) a set of (preferably small) object files that exhibit the problem,
>  c) a script or makefile to produce the incrementally linked intermediate
>     and final ld segfault.
>
> --
> Alan Modra

ld_segfault.tar.gz