Any work being done on gas for mips-sgi-irix6.5 (n32) ?

Hello World,

Has anyone worked on getting GAS to support the MIPS N32 format properly ?

Specifically, as part of the loadgp insn sequence GCC will emit a reloc
syntax that GAS doesn't handle (namely "lui $1,%hi(%neg(%gp_rel(<sym>)))"
and "addiu $1,$1,%lo(%neg(%gp_rel(<sym>)))"). The SGI assembler(s) are quite
happy, but the SGI assembler isn't available on non-SGI platforms (is it ?).

This problem arose as a result of a proposal for a cross-compiling Linux
laptop, as part of a support environment for some IRIX 6.5 N32 executables.

I've already hacked on ld and gas to support/ignore the MIPS-specific linker
and assembler flags that GCC spits out, as well as ignoring the extra
information in the debug .section directives, but I'm afraid that
implementing multiple reloc types at the same address is a bit too daunting
for me.

Matthew May