Re: BFD internal error

Hi John,

> Just before the abort() in coffgen.c it tries to seek in abfd and
> filepos seems to be 2057306.  Might seem big, but the app uses alot
> of templates, static libs and other neat stuff that really make it
> huge.  I don't really have the knowledge of the binutils and why it
> does what, so you'll have to do it with this info. Make any
> questions for more info if you need...

Ideally what we need is a *small* reproducible test case so that we
can investigate.  From the sounds of it though this may not be
possible in this particular case.  Still it would be nice if you could
provide us with some more information.  For example, when the crash
occurs:

  * What is the value of 'abfd' ?
  * What are the contents of 'abfd->filename' ?
  * How long is this file in real life ?
  * What are the contents of 'symbol->name' ?
  * What is the value of 'errno' ?
  * What is the value returned by invoking 'bfd_get_error()' ?

It would also help to know:

  * Which version of the binutils sources are you using ?
  * For which target did you configure the sources ?
  * What host are you using ?

  * Does the problem happen if you use fewer input files ?  For
    example can you use partial links (ld -r) to work around this
    problem ?

Cheers
        Nick