Re: GAS: support for .previous in the i386 win32 target

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry@baikal.ru> writes:

> Is there any reason that there is no support for section
> stack manipulation directives in the GAS i386 win32 target?

The general rule of thumb on targets for which the main assembler is
supplied by the vendor is to add pseudo-ops used by the vendor's
assembler.  I suppose win32 is sort of a special case, since the MS
assembler is quite different from gas.

> Are there plans to add support for them (namely .previous)?

I doubt it, but if you write a patch yourself and send it in, somebody
would probably apply it.

Ian