Re: OBJCopy Help

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 04:13:12PM -0600, Mark Petersen wrote:
> I have created a ELF32-i386 format object file that contains three
> sections:.data, .text, and .vectors.  I am trying to get objcopy to create
> an ihex file that has all three of these sections in it, but it refuses to
> put the .vectors section in the file.  Why?
>
> Mark Petersen
> Sr. Hardware Engineer
> Portsmith, Inc.
> Phone: (208) 395-1300 x223
> Fax:   (861) 619-5810

My first guess is the section .vectors was created with the wrong section
flags, and is not properly listed as being in memory.  My second guess is that
your linker script needs to make sure .vectors is included with either the text
or data sections (particularly if you have an ELF based object format).

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304