Problem when formatting man pages (gcc.1) on 3_0

Hi!

I've found a problem with the man pages generated by texi2pod+pod2man.
When the man page is formatted with groff to produce an HTML page,
the bold items are wrong: each bold letter is repeated twice.  This makes
the HTML man page unreadable.  {I'm using: groff -Thtml -P-g -man gcc.1}.

For example with 3_0 gcc.1, the HTML contains:

</B>

Whereas the old (gcc 2.95) and manually written man pages contain:

</B>

I've tracked down the problem and found that 'pod2man' is adding
a troff header at beginning of each generated man page and it contains
the line:

.bd B 3

By removing or commenting this line, the man page formatted in HTML
looks correct (as before).  The ascii and PS man page look the same
(the bold items are still there and ok).

Russ, would it be possible to remove this line from 'pod2man'?

The alternate solution for gcc/binutils is to remove these lines
in the `.texi.1' make rules.  What do you think?

	Stephane