Re: Partial symbol export vs --export-dynamic

> Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:46:29 -0700
> From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

> On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 05:36:47PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> >
> > > In any case, I can implment it in linker if we all agree it is a
> > > good thing to have.
> >
> > Hmm creeping featurism vs compatibility with other OS'es linkers...
> >
> > I think Hans-Peter is half way through some reorganisation in this
> > area, so it would be a good idea to check with him, but in principle I
> > have no objections to your adding this feature.
>
> I said it based on Hans-Peter's work :-). It makes implementing this
> feature much easier. Thanks, Hans-Peter.
>
> I am planning to implment it similar to symbol versioning for DSO.
> I may be able to extend symbol versioning to executables with the
> help from Hans-Peter's work.

I believe there is a misattribution somewhere here; I think you
should thank someone else.  (There was a change to objcopy that
possibly matches what you say (--keep-global-symbol), but that
wasn't mine.  It was by HONDA Hiroki (hhonda@kobe-catv.ne.jp).)

I simply moved the export_dynamic field from ldmain.c's
command_line struct to struct bfd_link_info.

brgds, H-P