Re: Partial symbol export vs --export-dynamic

  Jean-Francois> So we just have an ASCII text file with the list of
  Jean-Francois> API functions to export. The API is relatively
  Jean-Francois> stable, it is no big deal to add new functions to the
  Jean-Francois> text file when they are added to the API.

Reading through your message, I was about to fire off a reply asking
"What about C++?", but then I see you've noted how IRIX deals with
that:

  Jean-Francois> One small issue with the IRIX implementation is that
  Jean-Francois> since the text file is specified at the linker stage,
  Jean-Francois> it doesn't know about name mangling, so if you want
  Jean-Francois> to expose C++ symbols, you will need to stick mangled
  Jean-Francois> names in that file. I don't see this as a big
  Jean-Francois> problem, unless gcc name mangling is different on
  Jean-Francois> different platforms (is it?), in which case it could
  Jean-Francois> be difficult to generate a portable exports file.

I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible for you to list C++
symbols in an unmangled form and let the linker mangle them as the
export file is processed.  Am I missing something, anyone?

Ben