Re: Why run the windres test on Linux?

> I am not building a cross binutils. It is a native binutils. I don't
> think the cross rules apply here. The main reason for
> --enable-targets=all is the sanity check. I don't think I should be
> required to install the w32api headers to run "make check".

If --enable-targets=all enables a windres build, then windres should
get tested.

You could just ignore the windres errors if you don't care about them.

> Why not include the files needed in your windres test?

You can't include the MS headers because of copyright, and it's bad to
include the w32api headers because they change over time (and we'd
need to replicate a lot of files).

The best I could do is manually replace (or preprocess) the .rc files
so that headers aren't needed, but that may hide other errors (and
prevent testing the preprocessor wrt windres).

> > Plus, Kylix *is* native linux, and needs windres.  It needs to be able
> > to test windres in a native linux build.
>
> Have you tried that?

My linux build doesn't build windres.  I also don't have Kylix.