addr2line seems slow

To convert 34,000 addresses to line numbers, addr2line takes upwards of
four minutes.  That's longer than I would have expected.

Poking around the source, I found that it calls
"bfd_find_nearest_line" for each address.  Presumably that does a linear
search through the debug information?

Has anyone considered caching these values once they are computed?  Or
perhaps sorting the bfd data so a more efficient search can be performed?

--
Patrick Doyle
doylep@eecg.toronto.edu