Re: Binutils 2.11 and BSDI 4.2

Hi Aaron,

> Hi there, trying to update my build environment on a  BSDI 4.2
> system. binutils is dieing on the make.  Belows a snip of the
> death. Any insights would be nice!

What kind of machine are you building this on ?

> ../../bfd/trad-core.c:99: structure has no member
> named `u_dsize'

This appears to be a configuration bug.  If you have a look at the
source file bfd/configure.in you will see that it selects different
kinds of core file support depending upon the target triple.  For
BSD based hosts it ought to be selecting netbsd-core rather than
trad-core, so to fix this you need to know what you host is, and then
fix the configure file appropriately.

Cheers
        Nick