Re: Q: gcc with binutils ld?

Hi Heiko,

> Hmm ... I did not find an entry for the path to the ld binary. I
> already put the binutils path in front of /usr/ccs/bin but gcc still
> uses Sun ld. Here is my specs file; what shall I change?

In theory the entry to change is this one:

> *linker:
> collect2

Since however, gcc is using collect2 you may not want to change this.
(Or you may want to jsut recompile collect2 and change its default
linker....).

> BTW: where do I find a description/specification for the specs file?
> I searched the info pages but could not find anything other than the
> description of the '-specs' command line switch.

It is documented in the gcc/doc/invoke.texi.  Depending upon how old
your gcc sources are you may have to search around for this file, or
the 'Spec Files' node may be missing entirely.

Cheers
        Nick