Re: "Undefined symbols"

Hi Dr Xinan,

>     I am using GNU ld version 2.10 (with BF 2.10) and I found out

2.10 is an old version of GNU ld.  I would first recommend upgrading
to the latest released version (2.11.1) or the latest CVS sources.

> the FUND' symbols are not reported as error in the link stage.
>
>     For example, the `objdump -t a.out' result looks like:
> 00000000  w      *UND*	00000000 L31
>
>    The label L31 was not defined anywhere in the test
> program. However, `ld' did not catch this (I purposely set the label
> attribute to 'w').

L31 is a local label, which may be why it is being ignored by the
linker.

You could try adding "--trace-symbol L31" to your linker command line
to see if this helps.

If you can provide a small test case and also tell us which target
configuration you are using then we may be able to reproduce the
problem and offer further insights.

Cheers
        Nick