Re: Does -march=r5000 imply HAVE_64BIT_GPRS?

Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> writes:

> > Is command line compatibility to other assemblers an issue?
>
> Not that I know of - though I'd prefer if Ian were to speak up here and
> let me know if it is the case.

All MIPS assemblers take -mips1, -mips2, etc., to select the ISA.
Other than that, I don't think there is any compatibility issue.  Most
existing MIPS assemblers are of course just for a particular host, and
don't worry about many different CPU options.

If anybody has access to a current Irix system, it might be
interesting to see the range of options the assembler accepts there.

Of course it's important to consider how gcc is going to invoke the
assembler.

Ian