Re: Top-level configure.in patch

  Ian> Old shells don't support the type builtin.  However, since this code
  Ian> is only run on a Solaris host, I think it's fine.  I doubt anybody
  Ian> will do a Canadian Cross from a very old system to a Solaris host.

The existing code (using /usr/bin/which) doesn't do much better on
Solaris systems whereby the user has a strange .cshrc that interacts
badly with the which script.  If you read the Solaris man page for
which(1), it doesn't even behave the way that configure.in expects it
to.  Either way, someone loses.  My change hopefully leads to least
loss.  ;-)

Thanks--I'll check it in.

Ben