Re: _bfd_merged_section_offset + powerpc-eabism == dead

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:05:22AM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> > So it is strange that HAVE_GAS_SHF_MERGE was defined for Benjamin.
>
> It wasn't: this appears to be the problem. I hand-edited it, so that it
> is defined, and things are actually building again.

I guess it's possible that some object file involved in the cc1plus link,
perhaps from libiberty, was built with SHF_MERGE set in some section.
Then when linking, we try to mix sections with differing SHF_MERGE flags
to the same output section.  That ought to be legal, so please see let
Jakub have a look at the object files involved in the link.

Alan