Re: -z combreloc

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I'm just suggesting a rename of the version number to something that
> contains more than digits.  To pull something out of thin air -
> 2.11.2.debian.5.  That way there isn't any confusion between your
> releases and the official binutils releases.
>
> As best as I can tell, both you and H.J. have now both adopted an
> identical branch versioning schema.  Arrrg!

All of the Debian packages are based upon H.J.'s versions.  In fact, the
tarball within the .orig.tar.gz is straight from his ftp area.  Any
patches applied are contained the the debian/patches dir in the source
package.

Also, why should I diverge from the numbering scheme when no other vendors
are?  There are sub-versioning done on a Debian level anyway (ie. the
latest package in the archive is 2.11.92.0.5-2).