Re: The Linux binutils 2.11.92.0.10 is released.

On Tuesday 23 October 2001 16:28, H . J . Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 12:38:21PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 October 2001 02:59, you wrote:
> > > This is the beta release of binutils 2.11.92.0.10 for Linux, which is
> > > based on binutils 2001 1021 in CVS on sourecware.cygnus.com plus
> > > various changes. It is purely for Linux.
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Does anything speak against using libtool for libiberty too? After all
> > the shared libs support and the linking and all that are already in there
> > and it has support for convenient libraries - and all for free.
> >
> > I already patched my version of binutils but I would clean it up, if you
> > find it acceptable
>
> I support it. Send it to the gcc/binutils mailing list. I don't want to
> add more changes to my binutils unless it is absolute nesssary.

Hi!

I've checked the binutils from CVS and there is a lot more than binutils in
there and I'm not sure how to build it all. The binutils part of it should
build though. The patch includes also parts of created files as they are
in CVS.
Please test it (especially on the cygwin platform I'm not sure if it will work
the way it worked before).

Greetings, Stephan

libtool-libiberty.patch.bz2