Re: [patch][rfa]: Decoding insns > 32 bits in length

brolley wrote:

: [...]
: The patch to opcodes/cgen-ibld.in fixes a problem which was affecting
: the fr30 port and an internal port I'm working on. The patch is an
: obvious improvement, since 'x' is now at least initialized and decodes
: correctly for fr30 and the internal port.
: [...]

Take this up with nickc; he added that "#if 0" about a month ago.

: The patch to cgen/utils-gen.scm corrects the length argument in the
: generated calls to EXTRACT_MSB0_UINT in <target>-decode.cxx for SID
: cpus. [...]  As far as I can tell, this does not affect any other
: ports.

I wouldn't expect this sort of systemic bug to have gone undetected
this long.  Can you spell out a failing case?

- FChE