Re: [Patch] updated ltcf-*.sh, ltconfig, ltmain.sh

Jeff,

Is there a reason for pulling in GCC's hacks rather than going to the
official version per src/MAINTAINERS:

ltconfig; ltmain.sh
         libtool: http://gnu.org
         Changes need to be done in tandem with the official LIBTOOL
         sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
         in via a merge.

If we pull in a GCC hack such as:

>  2001-07-21  Michael Chastain  <chastain@redhat.com>
> * ltconfig: Set max_cmd_len to a maximum of 512Kb, as it seems some
>         HPUX 11.0 systems have trouble with 1MB.  Mark as gcc-local.
>         * ltmain.sh: Mark as gcc-local.

then (no offence to MichaelC) we're taking on the responsibility of
carrying that patch forward everytime a further import occures.

Andrew