Re: elf.sc input section changes

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 08:31:43AM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> Thanks, but the renaming of OTHER_RELOCATING_SECTIONS to
> OTHER_END_SYMBOLS also replaced ' with " and put the closing "
> at the end of the preceding line.  The latter change seems
> spurious, but perhaps there's a good reason for the former?
> (It doesn't seem to be needed for shell variable expansion
> reasons but I might be missing something.)

I changed the quoting at one stage when I was using OTHER_SECTIONS to
define your extra symbols and needed to get at $RELOCATING.  After
adding support for OTHER_END_SYMBOLS, I neglected to change back.
Changing the quote to the preceding line was accidental, but doesn't
change the generated scripts at all as blank lines get deleted.

Sorry if this made cris* inconsistent wrt. quoting and formatting.

> Quoting the patch in this mailer (pine) would have been easy if
> the patch had been in-line rather than an attachment.  Now I'm
> lazy enough to think the description above suffices.

Attachment?  What's that?  :)  I reckon you'll find the patch was
inline, it's just that pine thinks its one huge signature and you
have option mumble sig-dashes or something turned on to discard
signatures in replies.

Alan