Re: Windows Error when I want to start arm-elf-gdb

Hi Stephane,

: Cc: DarrenA@akhter.co.uk, binutils@sources.redhat.com, ecos-cvs@sources.redhat.com, crossgcc@sources.redhat.com, gcc@gcc.gnu.org, gnuteam@kpit.com, insight@sources.redhat.com, irox@redhat.com

Cross posting to so many lists is not a good idea.  It is a sign of
bad netiquette.  Since this is a GDB problem you would be better off
asking for help on the gdb list first.  Then if you get no response
maybe try the eCos list.

> But when I want to use the Insight GDB, I have a big Windows Error
> (see attach : error arm-elf-gdb.gif).

Anyway, as a workaround have you tried invoking GDB with the "-nw"
command line switch ?  It will start GDB in text mode, so you wont
have the sexy GUI but you will be able to debug your application.

As for the missing the main.tcl file I suspect that you need to read
the file README.GDBTK which should be found in your GDB sources in
the gdb/gdbtk directory.  In particular there is a paragraph there
which contains:

    To find the GDB tcl code, GDB first checks for the
    environment variable GDBTK_LIBRARY.  This can be a
    directory name or a list of directories separated
    by colons (semicolons on Windows). GDB will check
    each directory in order until it finds "main.tcl".
    If GDBTK_LIBRARY is not set, GDB will look for
    "gdbtcl/main.tcl" in the current directory, and
    finally, it will try to find the tcl directory in
    the sources.

So you need to set up the GDBTK_LIBRARY environment variable or else
copy main.tcl to C:/CYGWIN/TOOLS/share/gdbtcl.

Cheers
        Nick