Re: Macros and K&R

Boris Tschirschwitz <boris@math.ubc.ca> writes:

> I am wondering if more macro facilities would be welcome in 'gas' or if
> they should go into 'gasp'.

gasp is obsolete, so they definitely shouldn't go there.

> On a side note: Is there another good reason for sticking to K&R C syntax
> besides the amount of time it would take to change it?

There are still systems out there which have only K&R C compilers.
People on those systems can compile gcc, but in some cases they also
need the binutils to be working in order to use gcc.  Therefore, gcc
and the binutils continue to stick to K&R C.

Ian