Re: Binutils and the Linux kernel source finder

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 06:02:37PM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
>   I wish to extend this to include pointers to the best/latest/most
> appropriate binutils for each architecture.  I've put links in for x86,
> Alpha and MIPS to H.J.Lu's ftp site, since he tests for those 3
> platforms prior to release.
>
>   I'd appreciate recommendations and comments from those using binutils
> on Linux for other platforms, with links to ftp, cvs or web pages
> describing the solutions for those architectures.

Hello, good to hear from you again!

Do you already have a dedicated page up, or are you just going to keep
things there? This sounds like a very useful bit of information to get,
especially given my direct experience with the (lack of) documentation
of this issue, and perhaps worthy of its own microproject...

IIRC on linux-m68k or somewhere someone told me it was binutils-2.9.1
and gcc-2.95.3 for m68k (which I'm sure you've already heard, just
trying to air it out here).

I myself am especially interested in seeing the results of this as I,
too, have a variety of architectures in the house.

Thanks,
Bill