Re: [RFA] gprof static call support for MIPS

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 06:26:05PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

 > Is this going to do any good for NetBSD?  I thought I remembered you
 > saying that NetBSD/MIPS used -mabicalls, when you posted the profiling
 > patch.  In that case all interesting calls are indirect!

The kernel does not use abicalls.  We use gprof on kernels, too.

 > Then again I don't see abicalls set for netbsd in the community GCC
 > tree.

I have a new NetBSD/mips configuration for GCC that is approved, but
I'm waiting for the other bits of my patch to be approved so I can
commit it (the MIPS portion depends on changes to the shared NetBSD ELF
configuration bits).  But, in any case, yes, abicalls is the default
for userland code.