LGPL libbfd

Hi!

One task of winebuild is to analyse wine elf-libraries for exported dll
symbols. Currently it is parsing the output of nm to achive this.
As I need to improve winebuild for my further work I don't want that way,
but instead call libbfd directly.
The problem: the licenses.
wine is a BSD styled license. libbfd pure GPL.

I would seek for advice.
winebuild isn't my intellectual property so I can't chance it's license.
Is there any chance for libbfd to become LGPL some day?

Clemens

p.s.: Please CC, I'm not on the list.