Re: PATCH, Re: gprof failed to compile

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:49:10PM -0800, Doug Evans wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz writes:
>  > The difficulty is that bfd.h can not use anything based on
>  > autoconfiguration.  Think of that what you may.
>  >
>  > What's wrong with handling all cases of bool in bfd.h, since we've
>  > historically handled most of it there?
>
> bfd.h shouldn't be polluting the namespace like this.

Agreed.  I fixed the problem of gprof needing a definition of "bool"
by changing all uses of "bool" to "boolean" in gprof.  The libncurses
problem is a different kettle of fish, and I don't think we should
be prohibited from including "stdbool.h" just because this clashes
with a typedef of "bool" in libncurses.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre