Re: stdbool.h

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 12:26:51PM +1100, matthew green wrote:

> stdbool.h breaks building cgen-based simulators.  see:
>
> 	include/opcode/cgen.h:  unsigned int bool;
> 	include/opcode/cgen.h:struct { unsigned int bool; \
> 	include/opcode/cgen.h:#define CGEN_ATTR_BOOLS(a) ((a)->bool)
>

> stdbool.h also causes my solaris GCC to break in some other fashion
> due to confusion between bool and _Bool.
>

> can the inclusion of stdbool.h be removed and something local (to
> bfd) done?  this header invades the user's namespace far too much.

Seconded with what Alexandre said.  I'll be reverting it anyway, since
it appears to conflict with older versions of ncurses than the one
I noticed the problem on, and finding another temporary fix for BFD for
this release - and after that I would like to purge bool from the
headers entirely.  But cgen should first be fixed.