Re: Branching for 2.12

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 03:43:14PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 12:15:25PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>>> Windows target (i686-pc-cygwin), linux host.  Don't know about mingw.
>>> If you build a cross compiler and try to link gdb, ld will fail, or
>>> at least it does for me.
>>
>>Could you please try to reproduce this, and give me more exact
>>instructions on how to make it bomb?
>
>Um.  Those were adequate instructions for making it bomb "for me".
>
>I'll rebuild a current CVS and see if it is fixed now.

Ok, I've rebuilt and confirmed that a link of gdb.exe now works.

Attempting to rebuild the Cygwin DLL (winsup/cygwin) or any C++
utilities in winsup/utils seems to fail.

So, it looks like a c++ issue, maybe?  I rebuilt the entire toolchain
with a very recent gcc + binutils + ld + gas and the link step failed.
If I attempt to do the final link with an older toolchain, it works
fine.

So, it seems like ld or maybe collect2 (?) is the culprit?

cgf